Cellulite is a metabolic disorder that mainly affects women. This condition does not necessarily have to be associated with overweight, it also occurs in slender women.
In this article we will give some remedies to reduce cellulite naturally. The health risks of cellulite are not serious, but it can cause other problems in some cases. It is primarily an aesthetic problem that can influence self-esteem.
What causes cellulite?
Causes of cellulite
Your skin ensures that your body maintains the right temperature. It protects the body against external attacks.
It is composed of three layers, each with its own specific functions:
The last layer mentioned is the one that contains the cells that generate fat, called adipocytes. These collect fat to regulate body temperature.
When the fats are not regularly drained and you become heavier, the fat cells push against your skin and form small lumps or bulges. You can see this on the outside of your skin.
Cellulite is formed by:
- Bad circulation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Lack of physical exercise and a sedentary lifestyle
- Hereditary factors
Types of cellulite
cellulite is common in women who suffer from obesity
This form is common in women who suffer from obesity and have unhealthy dietary habits. It starts in childhood and gets worse in adulthood.
It causes aesthetic changes, mainly on you:
This type of cellulite is characterized by the presence of intense pain in a specific part of the body, making it more complicated. It mainly occurs in the abdomen, back, buttocks and arms.
This is a form of cellulite that causes the skin to loosen and become gelatinous. It is clearly visible and can be accompanied by fatigue and a feeling of weakness. It can cause other problems such as insomnia and varicose veins.
This type has the same symptoms as the other types of cellulite, but also comes with a high fluid retention. This is also called edema. This means that your body will retain a lot of fluid. It can occur in women of all ages.
This type of cellulite makes your skin more consistent and harder. It usually occurs in young women and athletes, whose tissues are firm and well defined.
The cellulite forms gradually and must be treated as soon as it appears. Over time it evolves and it gets harder and harder to get it away.
Keep in mind that an unbalanced diet with a lot of calories will increase your weight.
The number of fat cells increases with cellulite.
A balanced diet and plenty of water helps you to remove toxins and reduce cellulite.
To eliminate cellulite, you must always remember what the cause is. Do not just look at the symptoms.
Natural remedies to reduce cellulite
There are various homemade, natural remedies for the treatment and reduction of cellulite. These can help with stubborn cellulitis if you feel that you can not reduce or eliminate it.
Avocados are fruits that are rich in nutrients that hydrate your skin.
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- Wash the avocado well and cut it in half.
- Then use a spoon to scoop the flesh from the peel and the kernel.
- Put everything in a bowl and puree until it forms a paste.
- Add the oats and olive oil and mix well until you have a homogeneous paste.
- Apply it to the parts of your body where you have cellulitis. Gently massage with your fingers and then sit for 20 minutes. Then remove it and wash the skin with cold water.
- You can repeat this treatment three times a week to achieve good results.
natural remedy to reduce cellulite
Caffeine is one of the best products to combat cellulite. Coffee can be used for a simple treatment that is very effective.
- 1/2 cup of ground coffee beans (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g)
- 1/4 cup of almond oil (50 g)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (50 g)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and form a homogeneous paste.
- Then apply the pasta every day to the cellulite areas.
- You can apply this while you take a bath or something.
seaweed is good for your skin
Seaweed is a great product to combat cellulite due to its regenerative properties for your skin.
- 50 g of dried seaweed
- Water (enough to fill a bathtub to halfway)
What to do
- First add hot water to the bath until it is half full.
- Then add the seaweed and let it soak for 3 minutes.
- Then lie in the bath for 15-20 minutes. This ensures a gradual decrease of your cellulite problem.
- Take a seaweed bath twice a week.
Lemon juice bomb cellulite counter
- The skin of 2 lemons, preferably organic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (100 g)
- Wash and peel the lemons.
- Then cut the shells into small pieces and put them in a small clean pot.
- Then add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Then close the pot well and leave it in a cold, dark place for 10 days.
- After 10 days screen and dilute with a similar amount of olive oil.
- This extract should only be used at night, because the citric acid can cause sunburn if your skin is exposed to the sun.
Papaya also offers a natural remedy to reduce cellulite. The sugar granules exfoliate your skin and the papaya stimulates the production of collagen and eliminates dead cells.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (30 g)
- 1 cup of fresh papaya (200 g)
- Wash and peel the papaya and then puree it into a paste.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well with each other.
- Apply it immediately or save it for another time. Do not forget to cover the pot well after use to prevent it from coming into contact with air.
- Then gently massage the cellulite area with circular motions and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- You can repeat this process 3 times a week.
Dry brushing is good for the skin
Brush the area where you have cellulite to improve blood circulation. This helps you to open the pores and eliminates toxins in your body that can cause cellulite.
- Perform this procedure when your skin is dry. Do this before you take a shower or take a bath.
- Make long, upward movements in the direction of your heart.
- You can also make soft, circular movements to not irritate your skin.
The brush should preferably be made of natural bristles, be somewhat stiff and have a handle to make brushing easier.