In addition to being well-suited for treating fungal nails, baking soda also has an exfoliating effect. It can also serve as a whitener to counter the yellow color that your nails get through the infection.
Fungal nails, also known as Onychomycosis, are one of the most common fungal infections in the world. Many people therefore look for home remedies for fungal nails.
Your toenails are most susceptible to it. This is because they are exposed to a more humid environment, by wearing socks or shoes. Among the most common symptoms of fungal nails are:
– Brittle, keratinized or distorted nails
– Yellowed or broken nails
– The complete loss of a nail
It is important to consult a doctor as soon as these symptoms arise. The timely treatment can first of all help to prevent you from losing a nail.
Normally this happens only in the more advanced stages of an infection. This article offers you at least some home remedies against fungal nails.
Home remedies against fungal nails
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has various properties
A fungal nail infection is caused by the balance of the pH values of the skin surrounding the infection. This creates a more basic environment, in which fungi thrive. The acid in apple vinegar therefore makes the environment more fungible for fungi.
- 125 ml apple vinegar (half a cup)
- 1.5 liters of water (6 cups)
- A big bowl or bowl to wash your feet
- First pour the water into the bowl. The idea is that you should be able to immerse your feet easily.
- Then add the apple vinegar.
- So, then, soak your feet in the solution for about half an hour.
- Then rinse your feet with clean water and do not forget to dry your nails properly.
- Repeat this every morning and evening until the infection is gone.
Lemon is one of the most effective natural products against infections. This is because it has natural antibiotic, antiseptic and antifungal properties. The high concentration of citric acid in lemon juice makes it a powerful tool to bring your pH values back into balance.
- Rub your nails directly with the lemon and let it work for about 15 minutes. Rinse it with plenty of water and dry your nails well again.
- You can also put a little lemon juice on a cotton ball and apply it to the nail with a little tape.
- Then let this work in for about 20 minutes, remove the cotton ball, rinse your nails and dry them thoroughly.
Garlic has many applications when cooking. Did you know that it also has antibacterial and antifungal properties? This is because garlic contains ajoen and allicin. Both are very effective in treating a fungal nail infection. In addition, these natural properties prevent the fungus from spreading to other nails.
- Cut a clove of garlic in half before going to bed.
- Then rub one half over the affected nail.
- Allow it to soak overnight and wash the nail with soap and water when standing up.
You can, instead, mix the garlic with olive oil and use it like that. Use the following recipe:
- 1 clove of garlic
- 15 grams of olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- First crush the garlic and mix it with the olive oil.
- Apply this mixture to the affected nails.
Baking soda has one of the highest concentrations of basic and antiseptic properties among the natural treatments. This makes it well suited to regulate the pH values in your body. Use it for your nails and it becomes a powerful weapon against fungal nails.
It is also a natural exfoliant. This makes it suitable to remove dead skin cells around the affected nail. Baking soda also works as a whitener. This helps to get the yellow color that nail fungus entails.
Natural remedies with baking soda
- 45 ml water (3 tablespoons)
- 9 grams of baking soda (1 tablespoon)
These were our home remedies against fungal nails. Which do you think you are going to use?